Monday, February 8, 2010

Describe what heaven might look like and whom you might or might not find there.

I have no idea what heaven might look like, but from what I have read in Revelation, the streets are made of gold, and lined with precious gems but of course, this is only figurative to try and convey how glorious it actually looks. John took things of earthly beauty and tried to make sense of heaven by comparing the two, but I am quite positive that heaven is gloriously more splendid than just golden streets and jewel encrusted building. I do not think that we could begin to comprehend the majesty and holiness of heaven, so that might in itself give you an abstract idea of it's appearance to our eyes.

As far as who might be there, and who might be missing, I would not have the slightest clue. I could make a few inferences of who would or would not be there; judging solely on character and actions, but only God knows where a person's heart is in their lives. I would be chauvinistic to assume myself better than someone else and say that I am going to heaven because I am a "good person" and that this person is in hell because of their "evil deeds." I bet that ever last one of us would be surprised to see who is in heaven and who is not. Though you might not know who is not there because there is no sorrow in heaven and if you knew who was not, the first human reaction is to be sorrowful over loved ones who wasted their lives and ended up in hell. Maybe we will know who is not with us in heaven, and will understand why they are not, and can look at everything with clear, open thoughts. It is difficult to try and think about things that are outside of human nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment