Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Write about a time that you were lied to and how that made you feel.

I have eight minutes to write about how I felt when I was lied to once. Well, I have been lied to many times, and I myself have lied many times. I cannot recall one particular instance where I was lied to and felt an immense amount of sorrow because I usually do not care anymore when I find out they lied to me. My parents have been pretty straight forward since day one, and they do not sugar coat the truth with white lies, and do not cover up error with big lies. Not, the fact that I had some strange idea why my parents got a divorce was not a result of a lie, but a withholding of information for the good of everyone involved. I filled in the blanks with made up stories until I was told the whole story. How bad it would have been to have that information before getting to know my dad, and maybe not of giving him a chance to begin with. I am guessing that I am getting slightly off topic, so I will try and resume my writing on the topic. As a result of my not being able to recall any great lie told to me, I could only infer on what the pain would feel like when I see those people that I have lied to, and the grief that my lies have caused them. It would sound sadistic to say that I only lie to observe, but that is not the case. I observe because I have lied, not the other way around.

No comments:

Post a Comment